Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I am getting ready to buy my first diesel truck. And well I like the FORD's over everything else. :icon_ford: I have been ghosting around a few forums, trying to learn all I can. This forum seems to have A LOT of great information. So I joined up.

I am mostly looking at '99-'03 7.3L, though a nice 2006 F350 4x4, on a dealer lot as caught my attention. Just the 6.0L scares me. Cost of repairs, the problems, ect. Even the dealership salesman said he would rather sell me a 7.3L.

So I guess I am looking for tips, on what to look for, what would be best choices (year, body 250/350, manual/auto, ect.), Information on durability, reliability, Ideas to get best MPG, Longevity, and upgrades.

For a little back ground. I shoot professional fireworks displays, an will be using the truck to haul gear and crew to the shows. Might even pull a trailer while doing that was well. Then we have horses, those I will be towing, up to 3 or 4 times a month. We are looking at 3 or 4 horse trailers that are bumper pull or goose neck. Other then that she will be my daily driver, all the time. Well I thank you all that take the time to read, an a thanks in advance for any information you can share.

Thanks,
PyroTekRob

·
Behavior Modificationist
1,519 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts