Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey wondering if any of you guys have a trick to getting the heater hoses off the heater core....Mine are back up behind a bunch of junk my truck is an 05 F-350 dually 6.0....Directions say push in depress tabs and twist slowly pulling line off....well let's just say I couldn't get this simple to understand procedure to work....I have everything done except these 2 hoses which I cannot get off...if anyone has come across this any help would be greatly appreciated....I have a date Saturday and must have my beast ready...lol

Sent from my DROID4 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Banned
976 Posts
You're missing a step. Squeeze the clips, push inwards, then pull while twisting. Once you've discovered what a P.I.T.A. these 'quick disconnect' fittings are......sometimes a pair of vice grips, crushing the plastic works best......you can cut the Ford fittings off the end of the pipe, and use standard 3/4" heater hose and hose clamps.

Note: the pipe comes off the firewall with 2 10 mm nuts. Easier to work on it on the bench, and cut the Ford fittings off.

Once you get those hoses off the heater core nipples....you do know it's only 20 minutes more to change the heater core? The worst part is getting those hoses off. Heater core is under $50. Lower the glove box door and you'll see the access panel. Pretty easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts