Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the 2004 F-350 has a heater control valve? There is not one located on the hoses in the engine compartment so could this unit have one mounted under the dash or is it equipped with just a blend door? Any help/thoughts would be appreciated

·
Registered
460 Posts
There is a vacuum powered valve that controls coolant to the heater core just behind the oil fill neck in the engine compartment! It is on the heater hose that runs from watr pump to the heater core!

What are you trying to fix?

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
If you have manual temp control there is no heater valve

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. As I stated in the first post there is no valve on the inlet or outlet heater hoses in the engine compartment. It does have the manual heat control on the dash and I will look under it tomorrow to see if I can figure out what it is connected to. as for what I'm trying to fix, it is high EOT after I installed the IPR remote oil cooler system. Vince and I are trouble shooting to see what is causing the high temps. I looked in the manual I have and it does not mention a valve.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
I have Manuel control temp and I have one from the factory

Sent from my SGSIII running a custom ROM.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I have manual control and also had one from factory.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Thanks for the information. As I stated in the first post there is no valve on the inlet or outlet heater hoses in the engine compartment. It does have the manual heat control on the dash and I will look under it tomorrow to see if I can figure out what it is connected to. as for what I'm trying to fix, it is high EOT after I installed the IPR remote oil cooler system. Vince and I are trouble shooting to see what is causing the high temps. I looked in the manual I have and it does not mention a valve.
Is it possible your overlooking the obvious and your water filter needs cleaning?

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Is it possible your overlooking the obvious and your water filter needs cleaning?
Water filter?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't have a heater valve in my heater hoses on my 04.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Then you should put one in.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Also i replaced it for $25 dollars which included shipping from rockauto.com

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
The coolant filter that comes with the kit.

Yea....I figured that out. I had one of those days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts