Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new to me 06 F250 Lariat with heated leather seats. I know now is a wierd time to ask a question about this, seeing that its 106 degrees here as I type this, but I would like to see if anyone can help.

How warm are the seats supposed to get?

How long should they take to get warm?

I have tested them on a high 60 degree morning, and the light on the button comes on, but I dont really notice and warmth coming from the seat. My fiances 03 Monte Carlo seats warm up quick, and they get pretty warm, but I'm not familiar with the SD heated seats.

Are the seat bottoms and backs heated or just the bottoms?

If the light is on, and I'm not getting any heat, what problems should I look for?

Any help would be great, since when fall and winter finally get here I'm gonna want to use them.:)

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
My 04 manual shows a fuse/relay at position 109 in the fuse block. Not sure if the light would still come on. I read where older Fords had 2 fuses for the seat, but I don't see that on mine.

Here is somewhat of a thread, but it is about 2008, but gives some ideas. I know I have seen a thread with a write up on how one person's seats failed and fixed the connection at the pad, but I am having a difficult time finding it.

one heated seat not working - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

Also a good read on heated seats:

Heated seat indicators - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

(I did do the lights on the console too. I love them!)

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Oh, I used these lights for indicators:

"While I was screwing around, went ahead and installed LEDs for heated seats. Right where Benchwrench placed His. I did find some orange ones though. They also had Red and Green. These were found in the second drawer at Radio Shack part#276-0272. (these were a tad bigger, took a 9/32 pilot hole)"

That was from my post:

I installed a heated mirror switch - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

·
Registered
854 Posts
Here is somewhat of a thread, but it is about 2008, but gives some ideas. I know I have seen a thread with a write up on how one person's seats failed and fixed the connection at the pad, but I am having a difficult time finding it.
I think this is the thread he's talking about. Good info here.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot guys!!! Just the info I was lookin for!! :)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another question I had, turns out that neither drivers nor passenger heated seat are working in my truck.

The lights come on but no heat.

It is now cooler here with lows in the low 50s so surely if one or the other was working I should feel something now.

Is there anything else that I can check prior to tearing into the seats and looking for broken connections as described in the link posted above?

Thanks!! :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still looking for advice. Thanks:)

·
Registered
854 Posts
I know your truck is much older, but the principle should be similar. Found this pic in another thread somewhere from an '06:

Seeing that the module is nothing more than a relay; I'd try to find the wires to each individual pad, and check continuity with a multi-meter. Since the pads are in series, checking continuity at the switch wont tell you which one is bad. Good luck with your fix.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Check to see if you have power going to the element. The element itself was very easy to change and IIRC it was around 70 bucks at the local dealer.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks alot!! I'll start doin some sniffin' around to see if I can find the problem. Appreciate the help!!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok finally got the opportunity to check this out. Turns out, I have power to both seats. Did a continuity test on the heating pads. Seat backs are good, seat bottoms are not. Pulled passenger seat cover off to find burnt wire in pad. Question is, is there a better, aftermarket pad that I could install that will last longer? Truck is only 5yrs old. Wifes monte Carlo is 8 yrs old and seats still work AWESOME in it. Or am I stuck with OEM heating pads? If so, anything I can do to protect them better so sliding/moving around on the seat doesnt cause the same problem in dealing with now?

Thanks for the help guys! :)

2006 F250 Lariat FX4:
MBRP 4" Turbo Back Exhaust
Blue FPR Spring
Edge Insight CTS
1200rpm High Idle Mod
Dieselsite Coolant Filter
58v Swamps FICM
SCT w/ Matt's SRL Tune
6.4 Banjo Bolts
CCV Mod

1 - 13 of 13 Posts