Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, how do you turn on the heated mirrors? My drivers side factory tow mirror has the little defrost emblem on it. Also both of my power mirrors don't work. If it's not a fuse, then to me sounds like the switch in the door is bad. What do ya'll think. -Kevin

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
The defrost comes on on it's own, it's always on when the truck is on. Check fuses, then check the switch for the power mirrors.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The defrost comes on on it's own, it's always on when the truck is on. Check fuses, then check the switch for the power mirrors.
Sweet, thank you man for the quick reply. I need to find an owners manual for it. I just bought the truck yesterday and am cramming my head with all this new information.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a button on my dash that controls both heated mirrors as well as the rear window. The button has the same defrost symbol as is on the mirrors. Are tour heated mirrors factory or were they swapped in? If they were swapped in, the installer may not have added a switch to turn on the heat or didn't splice it into the rear window switch.

Not to be confused with the defogger that is part of the a/c system and keeps your front windshield from fogging up on humid days.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
I have an '05, the mirror heat and rear defrost doesn't come on it's own nor is it always on when the truck is on. It will shut off automatically after so many minutes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A guy I work with just told me that the heaters come on when the fan is in defrost mode and something about that there is a thermometer in there to kick them off if it's above freezing.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
A guy I work with just told me that the heaters come on when the fan is in defrost mode and something about that there is a thermometer in there to kick them off if it's above freezing.
Nope. I don't know about the new trucks but that is not at all how it works on my '05. They're only on when the switch is hit, then stay on for a period of the time and then they auto turn off. Whether or not the heater is in defrost mode has no effect on the heaters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts