Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone buy headlights off of ebay? I have a 2000 and want to put the clear type lens's in. They seem to run around $120 on eBay.

Pictures would be great!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
yea i got a set off there for my 2000 they fit great and look great as well i got the corners to i think everything was around 135

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i got a set off there for my 2000 they fit great and look great as well i got the corners to i think everything was around 135
any pictures? I like the 05+ but don't want to deal with the headache of installation so I though this would be the best route to take.

·
Registered
209 Posts
not right now might be able to get one up tomarrow.

·
Super Duper Duty
1,660 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
yeah mine were like $125 on ebay, a great purchase IMO!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Those gray lights look sick on that truck!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I bought a set for my ex with the built in projection fogs and clear corners. Good fit, had to cut the header panel for the fogs to fit. I love the built in fogs, but you can't aim these things worth a damn! I'm gonna find a replacement setup and get some HID's.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah mine were like $125 on ebay, a great purchase IMO!
Those gray lights look sick on that truck!
Yes, those are awesome looking!! Is it a smoked lens or something? I have a gold truck that I plan on putting the Black HD grille on from 2004 and I think that would look great!

·
Registered
109 Posts
the lenses are crystal clear, and the reflective part behind the headlight bulbs is just straight chrome. the plastic around the inside of the housing is black, and the turn signals are all black(no chrome reflective part). So the turn signals aren't the brightest anymore, but oh well

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thinking about those chrome projectors, though a little worried that they will blind the fella comming at me in the other lane. Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
I do have to say that I bought mine off of ebay.. Will not name seller (really not their fault, just lower quality part then OEM). The actual headlights still look great, but the corners are slacking. The driver side sprung a leak and would fill with water, now there is no chome backing in the lens...

the price was good, but I will have to replace the corners..

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went with the LED tail lights, I'll just get better insert beams for the headlights. I know getting blinded by some prick with these HID'd's is not something I want to give to anybody else

·
Registered
759 Posts
i bought a pair last week, put them in, and they had water in them this morning... only on the drivers side. i pulled it off today and looked it had a good amount of water in it. im pissed, gonna try to figure it out, maybe i didnt have the bulbs locked all the way or something. at least thats what i hope.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
They look tight for el cheapose

·
Registered
261 Posts
I recently put HIDs in my 01 F250. If I go to the 02 style clear headlights is it still gonna be set up for the 9007 bulbs that I run in my 01 housing?

·
Registered
759 Posts
I have heard that ebay headlights need to be sealed before they are put in.
what exactly do i have to do to seal them? can i do it or should i bring it to the dealer???

they look AWESOME on my truck, you cant even tell the difference.... until the goldfish swim by... i would be extremely pleased if i could seal them and make them work. you cant beat 130 bucks to your door. i priced new HD headlights today from the dealer 280... apiece...

stock

ebay HD headlights

1 - 20 of 22 Posts