Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the bulb for my headlight switch. I'm striking out on finding a replacement bulb.
01 F250

·
Registered
300 Posts
If I remember correctly, the headlight switch does not have a "replaceable" bulb which is why you're not finding a bulb size. It uses a bulb soldered to a PCB with a green cover over it. Your best bet is to replace it with a green LED diffused diode.

Replacement isn't difficult, but it does require soldering. This Youtube video may help:

·
Administrator
29,372 Posts
i had to break a few tabs to get into mine and then melt them back for reassembly
I used a reg bulb and reused the colored sleeve

after i was done i was figuring i wouldn't be able to perform that surgery again since the tabs were pretty much melted away

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have gone through 2 Standard Brand Headlight Switches since October. The bulb keeps going out. All other dash lights work fine,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I remember correctly, the headlight switch does not have a "replaceable" bulb which is why you're not finding a bulb size. It uses a bulb soldered to a PCB with a green cover over it. Your best bet is to replace it with a green LED diffused diode.

Replacement isn't difficult, but it does require soldering.
Thanks for the link

1 - 6 of 6 Posts