Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone i'm new here, i've been lurking for awhile now, first time posting for some help. Ok here it is, I installed an aftermarket alarm on my 08 f250, when i was locating my headlight wire at the switch, for some reason my headlights came on when the switch was off. now the headlight still operate fine in auto. but when i turn the switch to off about 5 secs later the headlights turn on by itself. any help would be great. thanks

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Hi everyone i'm new here, i've been lurking for awhile now, first time posting for some help. Ok here it is, I installed an aftermarket alarm on my 08 f250, when i was locating my headlight wire at the switch, for some reason my headlights came on when the switch was off. now the headlight still operate fine in auto. but when i turn the switch to off about 5 secs later the headlights turn on by itself. any help would be great. thanks
Sounds like its time to undo what ever you have done relative to the lights.
I bet you used the + wire instead of the - wire from the alarm.
either way disconect any wires relative to the alarm if this solves your light problem... then and only then re-evaluate your connection options relative
to the alarm and lights. hope this helps.

as for a wiring chart for alarms in an 08 F series truck this should help

http://www.hyperlinks.net/superduty/08F250DieselWiring.zip

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was doing this before i tapped into the headlights. i was just looking for the wire when the headlights came on by itself. could it be a short relay somewhere?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts