Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently converted my truck to 4x4. I have been noticing that small cars driving opposite of me are flashing their high beams at me. I am assuming its because my lights are hitting them in the face. I don't know if 4x4 trucks come with a different headlight adjustment from the factory because they sit higher or if they all come the same. I looked at my headlights and don't really see anything where I can adjust. Can they be adjusted/lowered? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
490 Posts
IIRC you can't adjust them left and right only up and down. It takes a "reverse" torx bit, I think it's the E5 or something like that.

As far as "proper" adjustment goes. Follow these steps:

Find a level parking lot / driveway and pull right up to the wall / garage door, as close as you can get.
With the headlights on lowbeam put a piece of masking tape right in the middle (brightest spot) of the left and right headlight beams (on the wall not on your headlights).
Now back straight up 25 feet with the lights still on low beam.
Adjust the headlight beams until they are apx 2 inches below your piece of tape.
You're done!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thsnk you very much!! Just one thing though, i looked at the headlight with the hood open and did not notice the adjustment screw. Any direction as to which one it is?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much for taking the time to help me. You guys are awesome! And a big thanks to the org!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts