• No

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well should I get headers for the work truck or just leave it stock? I'm thinking Banks headers. Truck has a 460.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Banks is twice the price of others out there, shop around.
Banks fit correctly and finish stays nice. I've had a set on a 454 and I'm sold on banks but just for headers. Just the cost of one stock exhaust manifold for a 460 is $800. I can get the headers for about $900.

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
I wouldn't waste your money on banks when you can get some super awesome Hooker super comps or some Doug Thorley regular or "TRY Y" headers for less.

I would say your best bet is to go to Summit Racing - High Performance Car and Truck Parts | 800-230-3030 and enter your vehicle info and search for headers, much better selection and PRICE.

I vote for yes, but not banks!
Plus is it a show or work truck? Work right? You can get some nickel chrome headers for a lot cheaper than what banks offers.
Hooker Headers 6842HKR - Hooker Super Competition Headers - summitracing.com

Dorman 674-204 - Dorman Exhaust Manifolds - summitracing.com

Thorley Headers 214Y-FI2 - Thorley Tri-Y Headers - summitracing.com

·
Registered
190 Posts
Edelbrock makes some nice stuff for the gas trucks, just get the stuff through Summit/Jegs like 7malards said. I used Edelbrock's "system" on my gasser and it was a true bolt on...very nice and complete.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
I would definitely get the headers they make the truck sound so much better, I love the headers I have on my gas truck

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
needs a yes with no banks.

elderbrock as some reallynice ones out there. just as good as banks for half the cost.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm still going with banks headers. The only way I'll get a different brand is if someone buys them for me.:D

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
Are you still running the factory fuel injection? If so, I vote no headers. Just dual 2 1/2" Flowmasters. In my opinion, headers will be a waste of money on a stock truck. The heads on the late model 385 series engines are so restrictive on the exhaust side, headers will not give you much more than a headache.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you still running the factory fuel injection? If so, I vote no headers. Just dual 2 1/2" Flowmasters. In my opinion, headers will be a waste of money on a stock truck. The heads on the late model 385 series engines are so restrictive on the exhaust side, headers will not give you much more than a headache.
What do you mean by 385 series?

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
The 460, 429, 370's are collectively referred to as 385's because of the 3.85" stroke of the crank. I happen to love these engines, and have played with a few. If you want to play with it, let me know.

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
Pipelayer make a good point about the restrictive heads. I sent you a link for some new manifolds from summit, throw those puppies on with some 2 1/2" flows like pipelayer said and you'll be in business. Heck I bet you could do the hole system for what banks wants for their headers.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
i say "no" because its a work truck! put that 900 into your psd. who cares about the work truck, let me tell you all of our work trucks, that are 100% work, not like mine and my partners, daily drivers/work/toy are alll STOCK!

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i say "no" because its a work truck! put that 900 into your psd. who cares about the work truck, let me tell you all of our work trucks, that are 100% work, not like mine and my partners, daily drivers/work/toy are alll STOCK!
You don't know how I feel about this truck. If I had to choose to give up a truck it would be the 05. Plus there isn't anything else I want to do to the 05 so I have to spend the money somewhere else.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts