Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering how some of you guys did this under warranty. did you guys just call some shops and ask if they would do this ? even if nothings wrong with the truck? say just for peace of mind, or what do you say/ask when talking to them? im just wondering theres nothing wrong with my truck but if i could have them do this under warranty id def pay the 100 ded and price of studs. any input would help thanks fellas :icon_ford:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had mine done under warranty,..I slipped the tech a couple bills to keep his mouth shut.
Not to hijack, but Tank, did you get yours done locally. I'm right near you. PM me what dealer you used because I've had some bad luck with some dealers around here, but good luck with others. I find that getting to know the tech is the key... -Brad:icon_ford:

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
OK...first off...If your close to me,..why haven't we met up for a beer?.....lol

secondly...I had them done in New Jersey.

thirdly...I already know a Ford tech here,..I'll ask him

EDIT: He'll do it if your NOT still in warranty,...but if you are still covered,..he can't swing it...sorry

·
Registered
190 Posts
OK...first off...If your close to me,..why haven't we met up for a beer?.....lol

secondly...I had them done in New Jersey.

thirdly...I already know a Ford tech here,..I'll ask him

EDIT: He'll do it if your NOT still in warranty,...but if you are still covered,..he can't swing it...sorry[/QUOTE

Ya thats kinda what I figured cuz the truck doesn;t have any "problems" yet that would warrant the cab being lifted or the engine pulled to install studs under warranty at the dealer. I was just seeing where you had yours done under warranty, if it was local, but oh well, not local...

I've been using a dealer out of Baton Rouge that I have had very good service from and I have gotten to know the tech well.

I guess we probably haven;t met up b/c I'm usually iin baton rouge during the week because of class and I'm home on the weekends usually working, but I dont know...:dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts