Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brother just got a 2005 6.0 :dunno: how much labor time is involved in doing head studs and egr delete on a 6.0 i have the tools and lift i just dont wont to over charge him . this job is going to pay for new mods to my 7.3

i know most shops wont like 4 grand and there no way i would charge him that much so hes looking for :hehe: the family discount haha :usa:

·
Premium Member
6,289 Posts
From what I have read here, The shop gets about 2 grand for the labor charge. ARP's can be had for 400 bucks. Go with OEM head gaskets, the black onyx/VR gaskets are not holding up to the hype.
The heads should be sent out to a qualified machine shop to be checked for flat/straight and magnafluxed for cracks if he wants to be sure that the head gaskets will last long. The most they can machine off is 0.07 or 0.08
Hardened valve seats might be a good idea since the heads tend to crack around the exhaust valve seat.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man thats around what i was thinking i just didnt wont to quote a bad price any thoughs on the time it should take

1 - 3 of 3 Posts