Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When buying a used powerstroke is there any was of knowing if the heads have the upgraded studs installed other than the obvious?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
558 Posts
If you stand over the driver side fender looking into the engine bay there should be head fastener visible right near the middle of the head. If its a stud, you can see a nut threaded on, and of course if it is stock in will have a normal bolt. Some shops even put on ARP sticker on the international spec sticker on the passenger side of the head.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. I didn't know the head stud was visible without removal if the valve cover. Thank you so much. This is great news. I'm looking at an 07 f250 that already has a monitor on the engine and I suspect it had the upgrade. Now I can see for myself before I buy the truck!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Good luck with buying it, I have really enjoyed mine.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I went out and snapped a few pics if you look from this angle below the degas bottle

And zoom in you can see the stud

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's great. Thanks for the pics. I head out in the am to GA about 5 hts away to hopefully get the truck. It has 200000 on the clock but if it has studs in already I won't have any hesitation buying it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
That's great. Thanks for the pics. I head out in the am to GA about 5 hts away to hopefully get the truck. It has 200000 on the clock but if it has studs in already I won't have any hesitation buying it.
Lucky, I am looking at a 2007 F350 CCLB but have to wait for my mortgage refinance to finish up before I buy it. Its on a local lot so I check almost hourly to see if its still there. Its killing me. Good luck on yours.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Lucky, I am looking at a 2007 F350 CCLB but have to wait for my mortgage refinance to finish up before I buy it. Its on a local lot so I check almost hourly to see if its still there. Its killing me. Good luck on yours.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hey man how did it turn out on the truck?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Drive 5.5 hrs to GA to look at the trucks and not a one had studs. Found a nice one I wanted but they low balled me on my trade by $2000!!! So I had to drive home empty handed. Ill find one eventually...

·
Registered
1,228 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Man that sucks, you'll know it when you find the one. Not trying to be corny.

I know, I know. It's been cleaned since then.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tell me about it. Not corney just true. Sucks being patient when you've been trying to fin one for three months. I HATE dealerships!!! Lol

·
Registered
558 Posts
The dealership here has 6.0's through all the time and I have seen 2 or 3 with studs.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finding them hasn't been too bad of a problem. Not getting raped on the deal has. Lol. It's all good though. One will fall in my lap soon enough. Waiting to find out tomorrow if I can make a deal happen on an 05 Harley edition. Got good numbers but ill have to see if the bank agrees. Financing final price is about 90 % of black book value so maybe we can make it happen.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Gotta love Harley's! Good luck.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh I know right. It was about the best looking one I've looked at yet!!!! Very sharp truck!!! Thanks. Ill keep y'all informed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts