Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the problem. When I drive and take off power (let up on the accelerator), sometimes I get a check engine light and a complete loss of power. The engine runs but will not rev. That lasts anywhere from about a few seconds to 30 seconds. Then power returns and everything is good. I have tried additives, a new fuel filter and even dropped the tank to clean the sending unit filters and replaced the tank vapor hoses (they were somewhat deteriorated). Any suggestions help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
20,078 Posts
Have you checked the CPS (Cam Position Sensor)? Have you checked your TPS (Throttle Position Sensor)?

·
U.S. Army 68 - 71
236 Posts
Also a shorted or loose wire. On the drivers side, in front of the master cylinder, by the valve cover is a little box. Check the wires there for problems.

·
california deplorable
11,532 Posts
agreed I am no expert but I would say your problem certainly sounds electrical/sensor related.

·
california deplorable
11,532 Posts
The simple thing to do would be to get the truck scanned and find out what caused the light to come on in the first place...

No need to Scratch your Head ;)
oh sure if you want to take all the fun out of guessing and remove the challenge :rofl:

killjoy :hehe:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.