Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i may have made a mistake. i had the headlights on my 08 tinted with the black and clear coat mix. he went a little darker than i wanted and because i have a chrome grill i think it looks terrible. i will post pics when the wife gets home with it. does any one know if the headlights from a van will fit out 08. th reason i had them tinted is i hate the orange lense in the front. the van lights only have the orange in the side. and would anyone want to trade their clear lights for my tinted ones. it looks really good on the fx4 front end.

·
Registered
222 Posts
the headlights from the 08 vans WILL NOT fit the superduty.

sorry.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Let me see a pic of your painted lights and I will more than likely trade you my clear ones....asap.

Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I like the tinted lights on any truck with a paint matched grille. The chrome between does seem to throw them off, but maybe look at getting a painted grille, and I think you'd be happy with it. I got a work truck grille for $15 and plan to have it paintmatched with chrome billet inserts, and then get the lenses tinted.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im sorry it has taken so long. i was in phoenix all weekend at nascar. i'll get the pics tomarrow. my camera doesn't work well at night.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
K, I am interested.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
IMO, they look pretty nice:thumb:. You are right the chrome grille does throw them off a bit, but they do go well with the color of your truck.

-BG06.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
If you want to trade...I will take you up on it...LMK

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i was thinking if i put a black bull bar on the front with some black lights it would break up the grill a little and look a little better.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
If you were keeping it, I would suggest painting the grille, or getting painted FX4 style grille.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just wondering, I already have the Harley lenses, but tinting like yours, how much affect did it place on percentage of light output?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i made quite a bit of diff. i mainly drive in the city so it's not noticable but in the country when i have them on bright it is about like having them on dim without the tint.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I do like the look but I guess thats not something I would want to do. I spend too much time on the back roads and off of 'em.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Just wondering, I already have the Harley lenses, but tinting like yours, how much affect did it place on percentage of light output?
i made quite a bit of diff. i mainly drive in the city so it's not noticable but in the country when i have them on bright it is about like having them on dim without the tint.
I was also thinking about that. That would have been my only concern.

It does look good though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts