Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#1) When I took the injectors out I didn't notice copper washers and since I got the heads back they don't have any in the head. Did I miss something? Maybe I mean the o-ring kit?? I'm confused

2)the plastic pieces (W302193)for the rocker arms, do I need to replace mine. Mine look fine and movement on all is free. Nothing seems loose. I have them all ready to go back in the same place.

3)My truck has 150,000mi on it (I live in S.Florida) should I replace the glowplugs?

4)what is the torque for the 4 bolts that hold the upper alum head to the lower head?

5) I was told to buy the UPDATED rail plug and standpipe (W302908 , 6E7Z-9A332-A) is the fuel standpipe the part that comes with the headgasket kit from Ford? the instructions call it something else (crankcase-to-head tube w/D-rings).

At this point I got the heads back-on and the studs hand tight (no washers or nuts) in the block. I stopped for the day (rain and these questions stopped me). I got one bolt in each head (the ones up by the intake ports) just hand tight and everything is covered.

Is there ANYTHING i'm forgetting before I torque these down..??

As always THANKS... no way I could have gotten here without the help

·
Registered
146 Posts
i would be happy to help you but im going thru the teardown and rebuild process myself. lol. maybe if you wouldve asked another question i coulda help ya out dawg.

·
Registered
146 Posts
pulling the heads off

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you done it before? I thought the drivers side would be the easy side but now I hate that side. I left the back head bolt in when I pulled the head an I should have adjusted (bashed in) the fire wall then. Today I tried to do it after I set the heads an it was a royal pain doing it. Lesson learned. :banging:

·
Registered
146 Posts
no this is a total learning process for me. but im gathering up lots of info and insight from others that have done it. yeah ive done modified the firewall to make the room lol. also i know about the ty wrap tip on the bolt of the head so it not such a pita to do.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've searched here an nation an cant find out about the plastic pieces for the rocker arms. You have any idea on if you have to replace them or they have been upgraded?

Maybe I'm searching wrong also but can't find out much about it either.

·
Registered
146 Posts
sorry its taken so long to reply. from what i understand their only there to keep it together during assembly. i broke a few of mine and didnt worry about them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts