Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched but couldn't find anything related to this issue.

I have a 2015 F-250 King Ranch, I had the interior detailed yesterday and they disconnected the batteries to remove the seats and clean under them. When they reconnected the batteries the hazard flashers came on and will not turn off unless you disconnect the batteries.

Yes I've tried operating the hazard light switch on the dash but it has no effect on the lights. I've disconnected both batteries, and left them disconnected, for at least 30 minutes with no help. I even bought two new batteries and had them installed and the hazards are still flashing. Tried operating the turn signal stalk which did nothing. I even reflashed the tune thinking maybe it was corrupted somehow but nothing works. As soon as I hook up the at least one battery they start flashing and won't stop.

I called the local Ford dealer to see if there was something special I needed to do after replacing the batteries, maybe some sort of security feature that needed to be reset, but even they had no idea what was going on.

Has anyone seen this before and have any suggestion? I need to get this fixed so I can drive it. I can't leave it sit at work all day with the lights flashing.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
20,003 Posts
Long Shot - Is it possible the detallers got something down in the switch causing it to be 'on' all the time? Do you have a can of air or a compressor where you can blow around the switch to check?

Reactions: JustinOOO9

·
Premium Member
11,046 Posts
I would try popping off the switch with those plastic trim tools and double check any of the settings via hud display. It wouldn't hurt to call the detailer and calmly let them know. It may just be a coincidence but they may have accidently broke something without realizing too so just be polite and let them know and let them you are chatting with auto shops etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Planning on pulling the radio bezal cover off tonight and checking the switch. Hoping that's all it is. Concerned because not only were the hazard lights on when i picked it up but the check engine light and the battery light were on as well. I as able to clear both of those but not the hazard lights.

Thanks for the suggestions.

BTW, the detailer has been pretty good so far. He's asked me to keep him posted and even offered to take another look at everything to try and fix it.

·
Premium Member
7,639 Posts
Pull the connector off the switch, if you think there is water in there

Will the security system run the lights like that?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't know exactly what fixed it but the hazard lights are off now. Removed and completely disassemble the radio bezal panel. Took out the circuit board that controls everything on that panel and it was clean and dry. Hooked up the batteries while the panel was out and the lights were still flashing. Reassembled everything and installed the panel and the lights were still flashing. By this time I was convinced it was one of the control modules and it was going to be an expensive fix. Hooked up the scanner tool and it said the hazard switch wasn't pushed. We pushed the switch and the lights went out. Tried pushing the switch at least a dozen times before this with no effect. In aviation maintenance this is what we call PFM, pure freakin magic.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts