Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who sells the best trans for the 04. 500hp will be the most this truck will ever see I tow about 10000 lbs with it and the usual playing around

·
Registered
467 Posts
goerend, they dont mention the 5r1100 on their site but call them and they do

·
Registered
425 Posts
suncoast trans

·
Registered
189 Posts
NADP if you have the funds

Suncoast transmissions are sorta iffy......some
swear by them and some don't have very good luck

BTS (brians truck shop) make some very good transmissions but you have to switch to a 4r100

·
Registered
425 Posts
everyone down here uses them . the shop that built mine is a dealer for suncoast and they built them for fords and dodges all the time. when i got mine done there was 4 dodges getting them done.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
you seem to hear of alot more suncoast failures, simply because there are alot of them on the road. And you hear alot less of NADP failures because there aren't many in 6.0's I know they are in the highest HP 6.0 and that's awesome, but guess what, they are still using suncoast parts.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
you seem to hear of alot more suncoast failures, simply because there are alot of them on the road. And you hear alot less of NADP failures because there aren't many in 6.0's I know they are in the highest HP 6.0 and that's awesome, but guess what, they are still using suncoast parts.
Adam is right about that. good point

·
Registered
425 Posts
plus i got a two year warranty with it.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Suncoast or goerond or NADP or ATS. My ATS was built by wade him self when he was there....... so not sure now.....

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Another Trans Shot

do research before buying an ats 5r Trans currently..or do a search on PSN..

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Another Trans Shot

do research before buying an ats 5r Trans currently..or do a search on PSN..
Yes, as for the ATS, the contract out...but when mine was built, it was built by wade himself, one of the best 5r guys around....now,,,,not sure

1 - 12 of 12 Posts