Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing that the trend for quality brakes for our trucks is Power slot cryo rotors with Hawk LTS pads. I was wondering why not the Super Dutys for those of us that tow and haul. Just wondering.

snoboy

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
The super duty's are for rigs that tow almost all the time. When researching I found that you don't want to use the super duty's for around town driving, only towing. I went with the LTS and basic power slot rotors and my truck stops sooooooooo good and fast. I've noticed that the brakes have to warm up though but once they do I can stop real fast, it's great.

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
The super duty's are for rigs that tow almost all the time. When researching I found that you don't want to use the super duty's for around town driving, only towing. I went with the LTS and basic power slot rotors and my truck stops sooooooooo good and fast. I've noticed that the brakes have to warm up though but once they do I can stop real fast, it's great.
yah you do not want the SD pads for our rigs... they dont weight enough and they squeak.... they would be good for trucks like the 550's that is going to haul all the time..... LTS pads is the way to go.. let me know if you need some prices and i can shoot them over to ya

-Raul

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Roger that. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best thing you can do if you pull heavy and frequently is add a BD brake. Works much better that modding the stock valve.

Cary
What do you mean about modding the stock valve? Are you talking about a Jake brake file?

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
No I am talking about modding the stock ex valve so it can be used as a compression brake, but sounds like thats what your "tune" does. You will get better performance with a BD than the stock valve.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
OK now I'm geting confused. This thread is about Hawk LTS vs. Super Duty brake pads. Now your talking about an exhaust brake vs. modding the "stock exhaust valve" What is the stock exhaust valve? The 2 exhaust valves in the cylinder head? That's not what my tune does. My Jake Brake tune simply closes the variable vanes on the turbo charger upon deceleration. I understand you're suggesting a BD brake (which looks nice BTW) but I'm just doing a brake job and want some advice on pads. Is there a mod for our 6.0s that does something with the exhaust valves?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts