Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have a 03 f350 with a 8 inch lift and im looking at buying the pro comp lateral traction bars. I was told to install these when you have a big lift. What exactly do they do. HOW HARD ARE THEY TO INSTALL??

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
With that much lift, traction bars would help tremendously. Traction bars hold the axle from twisting upward under hard acceleration. It's called axle wrap, and you loose torque and traction when this happens. Bigger lifts make it worse. If you've noticed from a dead stop, just stabbing the throttle makes the truck lift upwards in the rear. Once you install the traction bars it will no longer lift upwards, it will just shoot straight forward.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Adjust the carrier bearing to straight and you can loose the axle wrap with out using those. I am up 10" and I have never had a axle wrap issue, even when I tow. Whith any of the trucks I have owned.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I run the pro comp bars. Setup/install was easy. The only thing to consider is you might need new U bolts. I had to cut my old ones off since I'm stuck int the rust state of MN. Either way its simple. Drop one side of the axle, Put a mount plate at the bottom between blocks/axle and put it back together. Do the other side. Then line up the mounts to the frame. Drill six holes and put it together. The gas tank side is a little difficult since you have to be careful with the drill. use a long wrench to tighten down the nuts between the frame and the tank. But anyone with minor skill can handle the job.
I love the setup and they look great. I'd recommend them. I'm running an 8 inch lift from procomp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts