Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I always wondered about this why is it when I punch the pedal to go fast and then let off I hear this wierd whooshing sucking tumbling sound come from what seems like the air vents? It happens when the pedal it pushed really good and let off fast...what is it?

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
If I am not mistaken you are hearing turbo farts.

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
its wasted boost. I get it too. It builds the boost pressure and then doesn't need it so it releases it. most guys with turbo charged cars buy Blow off valves to get that sound...well make it louder.

Now don't quote me on this as I am guessing by your description its the same sound i get

and BTW what is hell is a turbo fart?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
look up turbo fart in the forums, stump did a video of it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just had the truck at the dealer for this, It started about a year ago and progressively got worse along with other synptoms. The replaced the EGR, replaced the turbo, and while I was there I had the ARP studs installed. I'm picking it up today at some point so I'll let you know if it went away.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Its just your turbo spooling down, it sounds awesome.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
look up turbo fart in the forums, stump did a video of it.
hey thanks found stumps video of it and that is exactly what it is .....haha i though somthing was wrong.....but thanks everyone for the info:thumb:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
my dads 07 f550 makes the same noise. one time when i was plowing with it and i nutted it to push a big pile and it did that. i thought i broke it but my dad said the same thing it was a turbo fart and i was like WHAT, then he explained it.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
No wastegate on the 6.0l ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts