Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is whats goin on my truck will start a vibration. So i checked all the u joint all checked out good. the vibration is between 45 to 60 then it will go away. Here is the tricky part i cant figure out the vibration is only when i am in the go pedal easin along or hammer down it still does it but if i am between 45 and 60 and let out the petal it goes away but sure as i get back into it it starts back again. let me know what you guys think yall have been a big help so far.:thumb:

·
Registered
307 Posts
check the rubber in the steady bearing may be getting soft look at the bearing too

·
Registered
72 Posts
i had the same problem somewhat. mine was the gasket behind the wheel bearing. when the gasket goes bad, it causes play in the shaft for the 4wd. check the shaft and see if it has play in it. mine moved about a 3/4in to 1in. if it does that is probably where the vibration is

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aight ill check those tomor afternoon. but keep the suggestions comin im ready to get this head ace over with

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cand any thing in the trany such as the output shaft make it vibrate like that? or will it be externals such as drive shafts?

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
How long between the lift being installed and you noticing the vibration? Some vibration is normal for lifted trucks if the carrier bearing is not dropped.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my truck has a straight shaft no carrier. the lift has been on there for bout a year and a half no problems till now

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
I have found some U joints are so worn they need to be popped with a pry bar to get them to come loose. Have you tried rotating the tires?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tires rotated

·
Registered
307 Posts
I guess the one piece shaft changes my idea to check the carrier bearing

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i think all the extended cabs had a one piece shaft not sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts