Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an early 99 F250 and am going to be installing a DIY intake. But just before I pickup the filter I wanted to know if anyone has tried an AEM oilless filter? They claim it flows as much as a K&N, but unlike a K&N it actually filters the air. I know you guys like the big filter because of the extra surface area, but installing a filter that big means that the engine will be sucking hot air. If I used the AEM which is only 7" in total diameter, I can box it so it would suck colder air from the outside. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I use the AEM it works great, no oil, easy to clean, I don't have mine boxed. If your worried about hot air do the zoodad mod to help air flow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you ever get dust in the intake? That seems to be the first thing people talk about. Does it clog more quickly than a normal filter? Just one more question, what is the zoodad mod?

·
Registered
435 Posts
No Dust in the intake, No it does not clog, Zoodad mod is cut a hole just behind the grill on the left hand side to allow more air flow. I'll post a pic after dinner on the filter install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts