Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Got them in the E-mail today, Just loaded it, Can't wait to get off work!!!:woot::woot::woot::doh:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, got em today. Loaded them and did a test drive. Great power, smooth shifting but I didn't go far as I'm waiting for the delete pipe. Does anyone know how many miles are safe for testing before clogging or possible damage to the DPF? if any?

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Yes, got em today. Loaded them and did a test drive. Great power, smooth shifting but I didn't go far as I'm waiting for the delete pipe. Does anyone know how many miles are safe for testing before clogging or possible damage to the DPF? if any?
It all depends on when the last time the truck went into regen......but figure if the truck just finished a regen, then about 400 or 500 miles

·
Registered
76 Posts
Got my tunes today. loaded them, the trucks runs great. Does anyone notice a surging/pulsating idle. Mine does it when it sits in neautral.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
My cousin got his in today...hes gonna be over at the house round 5 to install his delete pipe and run the tunes!

·
Registered
76 Posts
twin turbo
it sounds like it has a bad aasass cam in it the way it idles.... will it go away.... thanx.btw. not much black smoke. will it smoke more later.... hopefully.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Greg, yes dpf installed. i get a little black smoke when i hit it. but it clears up after a bit. i was expecting more all through the gears. BUT, i have read that the more smoke you leave out, the more unburned fuel you are wasting. Maybe Matts tunes run better because of this theory..... Hopefully thats the case, BTW. Afer 100 miles. I have improved 5+ mpg, and that is ripping it off the line and showing off to buddies. the next tank should be better... i'll update when possible....

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
twin turbo
it sounds like it has a bad aasass cam in it the way it idles.... will it go away.... thanx.btw. not much black smoke. will it smoke more later.... hopefully.
Yeah and it really rolls some smoke.....I notice it happens when the truck has been sitting for a couple day and I fire it up. How many miles do you have on the truck? When mine starts that non-sense I run it like a bat out of hell and it usually clears up, I'm thinking I might need to run some cetane booster and injector cleaner

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I got my 210 tune installed and i gotta say my truck doesnt really feel any faster than my 6.0 and it just had the banks power pda setup......It will be interesting to get some track times so i can compare

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think it is faster than we think. The truck is just so smooth and a lot quieter than the previous 6.0 so it doesn't feel as fast. Hopefully the track will prove this true. Also the 210 tune has the saftey parameters built in so once i get to about 75-80 mph mine starts to de-fuel due to high egt limit. The 250 tune feels stronger and never stops pulling. You just have to decide how high you want to run the egt's to!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Julian,
Mine doesn't smoke much at all. a little at the get go. It has 21000 miles and is driven every day. that idling thing is weird. Matt said to put it back to stock and see what happens. I will try that today. other than that this thing is a rocket ship now. i can't wait to buy the 250 tune. i just wanna see some guys drive with that one for a while with no issues, then i'll buy it...... see ya,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts