Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's going on everyone, brand new to this forum and had a question for you guys. Has anyone ever tried to do the navigation unit swap from a 2013 - 2016 onto a 2011-2012. I know there is a few components like that Dash that would need to be swapped with it plus wiring. Just wondering if anyone has done it and the cost. I absolutely love those units and am totally thinking about finding one from a wrecked truck. Thanks for any and all input.

·
Super Moderator
1,534 Posts
Most people would not go to that trouble. Instead they go with aftermarket unit.

The radio is on the communications bus. This might present a problem between the two styles of radios used in the earlier verses the later model trucks. The later model trucks only have a CD, the earlier models have a DVD player.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay I apologize about the lack of detail in my first post. But in reality I just want the new screen in my 2012. If I can't get the nav that's fine but overall I like the layout better in the 13-16 year models.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Youll have to swap the entire dashboard and get the updated APIM and change wiring/pins etc for it to play well together.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have been pondering this same idea. I already have the nav in my 2011 but want the newer style screen. I do not think you need to swap the entire dash, just the center and top of it. We were already comparing my 11 to my buddies 16. the wiring and cost to do it is what worries me. It may be as easy as unplugging and plugging in the new

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have been pondering this same idea. I already have the nav in my 2011 but want the newer style screen. I do not think you need to swap the entire dash, just the center and top of it. We were already comparing my 11 to my buddies 16. the wiring and cost to do it is what worries me. It may be as easy as unplugging and plugging in the new
The dash topper on a 11-12 top is a single piece. You'd have to change that at least out.

Your best bet is to find a wrecked truck with the complete dash and wiring. Then you need to reprogram the APIM and ACM to play nice together.

I want to do this swap too. Waiting patiently for someone else to take the first step.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts