Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the 6-door conversions that I have seen do it with extended the truck the length of the extra cab. Makes for one helluva long truck and I am sure almost impossible to get serviced even at the Ford dealer. Has anyone done a 6-door conversion that just cuts down the length of the bed?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes

mine is a 2007 f-350. originally a long bed 4 door. it has the same wheelbase as my other f350 4 door longbed. the company appeared to just notch the frame and add an extra door and put a short bed on it

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Post pics or we don't believe you. Haha, just kidding but post up some pics if ya can. I wouldn't mind drooling over it

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have been really pondering doing the 4 and a half door thing with the extended cab suicide doors behind the regular rear doors and then I would actually shorten the frame to put on a short bed.

I'm sick of the kids kicking my seat!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I know no one will believe me, but I was driving down the road in Dallas. I drove next to a 6 door new F250 that had the bed cut down. Id say it was only about a 3-4 foot bed. It was in the build phase, primered everything, no doors on the truck, patch weld spots.

You can take my word for whatever you want but this truck was going to be sweet, 6 doors, Diesel, very short bed.....It had the 6.7L body panels, no 6.4 :(

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
There was a 6.4 for sale in gulf coast TX region a year+ ago. I believe it was a king ranch. Anyhow, it was a Crew.5 setup w/ the SC doors behind the crew with a shortened bed and custom cut topper. It was sick

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Custom autos by Tim are sick! Ford Super 7.3L X six door package he has a 6 door EX in that ad, which he says has the same wheelbase as a CCLB... Don't know if this helps at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts