Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
I don't know much about their programmers...but my Dad put the Super git kit on his 7.3 and it really brought it to life. I've always felt Banks engineering did a good job based on that....but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I almost got the automind 4 my 6.0L but thnx 2 XDP they talked me in2 a SCT tuner...luv it

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Made In America
287 Posts
Subscribed

·
Registered
4 Posts
banks 6.7 automind

I just put one on today. It was easy to use and I haven't played too much with it yet,but on Supersport it brought it to life quite a bit. The economy mode did nothing for the mileage at all though. Those are the only 2 settings I have tried yet. Mileage was he same on either setting,I was looking to get a boost and a little better mpg. I have the Banks airbox and exhaust too and like it. I had an 05 with 6.0 and had the whole Banks powerbundle on it,air box,aftercooler,exhaust and programmer,that thing was great. It made a bigger improvement on the 6.0 compared to what it does on the 6.7 IMO:ford:

·
Made In America
287 Posts
You said you have the banks exhaust, are you deleted or is it just the DPF back? I dont think you will see any noticeable mileage gain without tossing the DPF. Ive been deleted for about 2k miles not and its at about 16 and is slowly rising. Keep in mind though I am running 35's and a 4.5" lift.

IMHO the only people that really run Banks are faily uneducated and/or Cummins owners, oh yeah and that show Truck U, no offense. But if you read around the site you wont find much of Banks anywhere, again not slamming what you own I just feel that if you would of put some research time in you would of went with something better and would be having better results.

·
Registered
145 Posts
On my 6.0L I had the Banks 6 Gun, intercooler, air intake, high ram intake, Mrrp 4" turbo back exhaust. I had Eric at XD write me 3 tunes for the SCT programmer one being transmission control only. I would run the 6 gun on level 6 about 90% of the time. With 10" of lift, 38" tires & 4.56 gears I could still get 19 mpg at 70 mph on the highway. The 6 gun could turn those 38's over through third gear. Completely happy with Banks and customer service if there was an issue.

Now Eric's extrem race tune had about 75 more hp and you knew it once the tranny adjusted to it. Fuel economy would drop but that probably was due to my right foot. I would not keep it in that tune for more than a month as the tranny would start hitting hard when I was in traffic.

I tested a SCT, Bully dog, TS performance, and Diablo in 2004 on my 6.0 and Banks was the best set up by far. At that time HS and Spartan where not really out I guess as I never had heard of them.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
On my 6.0L I had the Banks 6 Gun, intercooler, air intake, high ram intake, Mrrp 4" turbo back exhaust. I had Eric at XD write me 3 tunes for the SCT programmer one being transmission control only. I would run the 6 gun on level 6 about 90% of the time. With 10" of lift, 38" tires & 4.56 gears I could still get 19 mpg at 70 mph on the highway. The 6 gun could turn those 38's over through third gear. Completely happy with Banks and customer service if there was an issue.

Now Eric's extrem race tune had about 75 more hp and you knew it once the tranny adjusted to it. Fuel economy would drop but that probably was due to my right foot. I would not keep it in that tune for more than a month as the tranny would start hitting hard when I was in traffic.

I tested a SCT, Bully dog, TS performance, and Diablo in 2004 on my 6.0 and Banks was the best set up by far. At that time HS and Spartan where not really out I guess as I never had heard of them.

19 mpg on 38s at 70? I find that highly unlikely.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
When you were getting 19 mpg was there a rope attached to the front bumper?

·
Registered
4 Posts
You said you have the banks exhaust, are you deleted or is it just the DPF back? I dont think you will see any noticeable mileage gain without tossing the DPF. Ive been deleted for about 2k miles not and its at about 16 and is slowly rising. Keep in mind though I am running 35's and a 4.5" lift.

IMHO the only people that really run Banks are faily uneducated and/or Cummins owners, oh yeah and that show Truck U, no offense. But if you read around the site you wont find much of Banks anywhere, again not slamming what you own I just feel that if you would of put some research time in you would of went with something better and would be having better results.
I appreciate your input,but the uneducated shot was not appreciated. I went with the Banks because I liked it on my 05 and this one they had was a simple flash deal. Easy on easy off. The exhaust is CAT back and you're correct ,very little mpg increase. Honestly I am disappointed in it now that I have run it for a month or so. I really was a little worried about warranty issues with the DPF delete set up,as I would hate to lose the factory warranty on my new truck. I'm running 37's and a 6" lift getting about 16mpg right now. i talked to a few people about the Spartan tuner and heard nothing bad.Everyone said they were great..but you really needed the DPF delete with it. Hence my decision to try the Banks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you don't mind me asking what was it with the banks your not liking. Me to don't really wanna loose that warranty

·
Registered
145 Posts
When you were getting 19 mpg was there a rope attached to the front bumper?
Nope. Sorry you are doubter. I got that riding from Chesterfied, Va to Baltimore on I95. Hand calculated. Might have even passed you on the trip.

Before I put all that lift on the truck, I got 22 mpg on a trip to Municie, Indiana for a DHRA event. Level kit, 35" tires, 4.10 gears. Hand calculated as well.

Around town mixed use highway on 38's, it would get 16 mpg.

Banks 6 gun on level 6 was by far the best mpg and power. It was by far the best power/mpg unit on the market in 2004.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts