Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 7.3 CCSB 4X4 2016 6.7 CCSB 4X4
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I recently did the hutch and harpoon mods to my truck and installed a 2 micron filter. I have had this issue a few times since the mod. After sitting a few days to a week, truck is hard to start, and when it does I get some white smoke. It does not do it every time. I stop turning engine over, cycle key and then it starts right up. I am wondering if the fuel pump is causing this(starting to fail) I have check all connections, no leaks and clean fuel, filters and tank.

Truck has 240K miles, original fuel pump, pretty much stock except for longevity mods.

Thanks!!

Reactions: PStroke_Dev

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
I will take a wild stab it's your glow plug relay, do you hear the pump pressurize with you turn the key?? And when you did the hutch mod are you sure there are no kink's in the line's??

Just throwing out some idea's:dunno:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep replaced GPR I do hear the pump and no kinks in lines. It runs fine once running.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Yep replaced GPR I do hear the pump and no kinks in lines. It runs fine once running.
Well I'm out of idea's, I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will get it figured out for ya.

Just thought of one more thing, oil level in the HPOP???

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually have not checked the HPOP recently but the last time I did the oil level was ok. I will check again. I hope that's not the issue, a fuel pump is cheaper lol!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts