Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have an 03 6.0L F-350 Superduty. It's been always hard to start (when hot) since I bought it. Took it to Ford they said engine is dusted??? Yet it hardly burnt a drop of oil in 14,000 km....and that was with 5w40 synthetic. I get 18 MPG on he hwy with an 8 inch lift and 37 inch tires.Sometimes the truck will start right up after sitting for 1/2 hr and sometimes it won't. If my engine was dusted,It wouln't have intermitent symptoms would it??

I always suspected that it was an o-ring in the high pressure oil system.Just haven't got into the motor yet.
Also,it has started to run very bad! Almost undriveable.Now it's hard starting when cold as well. Once it gets going,I drive it down the road and it misses like crazy. (at times) The turbo whistles like hell...as if it's spining way to fast.
Also,you can here it "chug"...like when you hold the throttle wide open,tubo spools up and then let off the throttle and you hear that chug...mine does that all the time while cruising down the hwy...?

Do I have multiple problems does anyone think or is this because the orings have finally broke apart all together??

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S- What o-rings do I all need to change in the high pressure system?
P.S.S- The HPOP was changed at 180,000km...now the truck has 239,000 km.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Man that could be a number of thing but i would say to start looking at the turbo beening durty. as this would cause a hard to start, a serging wile driving and high boost levels. you fall wright into all of that stuff. i will try to find the link telling how to clean it.

·
Registered
781 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts