Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 97 OBS I was washing the other day and i washed the motor also...It ran fine until i shut it off, it took it forever to start back up. I am thinking something with glowplugs because it only runs like crap when its cold, i live in florida and its not cold out here once it warms up it runs great...is there any way to check glow plug relay? or valve cover harness? i hear those go bad also. Its like it running on one side of engine until it warms up, and i dont know how to check glow plug relay thanks for all the help:dunno:

·
Registered
521 Posts
I would check both. Use a volt meter to check voltage at the GP relay. It should be the same on both large terminals.
Then you can check the connections to the UVC Harness. There are two plugs on each side that go under the covers. Pull those and look for moisture. Look to see if they look burned. You can also use an ohm meter and check each connector on the harness.

Make sure everything is dry and try it again.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its been 2 weeks since i washed it and i drove it home from my work (which is about an hour) so i know it got warm enough to evap it all out i unplugged the connectors and they look dry and clean i cleaned the whole fuel system out (bowl screen new filter) i unplugged the ebpv and same results i am going to try a new gpr tonight

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am getting voltage to both sides of relay for about a minute then it loses power to the one post(relay timer)? is there any way to check the uvc plug for voltage? which plug controls injectors and which controls glow plugs... also i noticed that my fuel heater isnt and hasnt been hooked up in over a year and it never had a problem starting before... where can i get a new heater element in the filter housing? i tried a new relay and i get the same results i even tried new relays in the fuse box:dunno:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts