Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so the other day i was at work and had to go to the gas station. truck ran fine on the way there. i started my truck and was going to leave the gas station. i noticed that my truck was loping (usually does when i first start it but it didnt sound like it normally does) and had a slight miss to it. on my way back, it was blowing alot of black smoke, then it started blowing white smoke. the CEL finally came on when it was blowing white smoke then the truck died and wouldnt start. i could crank it over and it would run for a second then die. i can get it to stay running if i crank it with over 1/2 throttle input but it will die unless i slowly ease off. i put my spare CPS in but it didnt help anything. the fuel pressure is excellent, fuel filter is good, fuses are good and i have good battery voltage. the truck does not have a chip in it either. i pulled 5 codes. PO113, PO603, PO340, P1211, and PO476. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have you checked the valve cover harnesses? I had a similar issue once and that was the culprit.

wreckmaster

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
Did you actually check the FPR screen or just look at pressure?

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
P0113 code is your Intake Air Temperature sensor
P0603 code is ECM Keep Alive Memory Test Error
P0340 is Camshaft Positioning Sensor Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1
P1211 Is ICP Sensor
P0476 is Exhaust Pressure Control Valve

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
The hard/no cranking might be coming from a bad ICP sensor.

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
Been noticing a rash of plugged FPR screens on here this week. Gotta be the fuel station. When you check the screen also check to make sure there is no "mucus" on the screen either. If there is then you are carrying bacteria in your tanks. Parts stores aught to be carrying a brand named Power Service that makes and sells Bio-Kleen. Just pour it in the tanks and drive away.

BIO KLEEN® DIESEL FUEL BIOCIDE: A dual-phase biocide to kill microbes, bacteria and fungus.

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
I can be easily wrong on this but I think the codes are secondary and not to be focused on yet. I think it PCM set all these codes because of the untimely engine shutdown while the PCM was trying to keep the motor running. Clear the codes and check your fuel supply and valley for leaks and plugs. start the truck and see if the codes immediately come back.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some of those codes could even been from the truck that I did the tranny swap with. But my scanner wont clear the computer. I also noticed that my wait to start light won't come on but my LED light comes on (gpr led mod)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts