Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody i got a 04 6.0l cc dually today while driving after i stoped i got going it shifted fine but once it got to 3rd my truck reved up and slammed in to gear only does this from a dead stop truck has 185km on her i also noticed i pulled over for a min then got goin and the tow hual light was flashing only for a min then stoped but since then the truck shifts hard any ideas thanks

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
My truck went in for this. The tranny tech was saying that my reverse and 3rd gear planetary broke and the springs came out and went metal threw the tranny. If your truck begins to start in 3rd from a stop like mine you will need a new tranny.

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Can you pull the codes? If the tow/haul was flashing, you should have stored codes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i left this morning for work truck was making an aufull noise comming from the tranny drove mabey 2 miles and nothing she would shift hard to 3rd then nothing toed it to tranny shop codes were pulled clutch failer and speed sensor, pulled the pan at the tranny shop full of shavings i think they said dont really remeber today was kind a blur so new tranny goin in hopefully done tomorrow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts