Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I am in Harrisonburg Va doing a side job, so on my way home I took a back country road.

As I was heading down the road I saw a jacked up 97 F350 4 door 8' bed truck. So I stoped and checked it out, and it looks bada$$!!

It was parked in front of a Tow campany, and they were alreay closed for the day.

So I went back today while they were open and come to find out the owner of the TT comany owns the truck.

He said it has 6" of lift and it has 395/70/16 tires on it.

Now here is the hard decision.

I was planning on going with a 1.00 tourbo housing, and stage ones.

But that guy took me for a ride in the truck and now I want to lift my truck.

What would you do?

Lift or performance?

O and I told him I liked the wheels that were on it, and he told me that he would sell them to me since he was thinking about going with wider ones....

·
PMR = JUNK
11,263 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
+1 for the performance for me too

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
YUP,,,,,performance first cuz that beast wont wanna move so fast when ya add some weight. JMO

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Do they plan on leaving?
I was just thinking the obs's are about 2 1/2 - 3 models ago and manufactors are probably gonna stop making lift kits because there are probably very little sales for obs trucks. 4X4's lits are easier to find then the 2wd kits. If anyone can find a quality 2wd lift kit for an 88 F250 send me the link.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Do them both!!

LIFT IT -- CHIP IT-- EXHAUST IT -- HAVE FUN WITH IT!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I already have a DIY air intake, Exhaust, and a DP Tuner Chip.

Im thinking 1.00 housing and lift.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Go with the lift....I don't know how big a lift you are wanting, but if you want to maintain/improve ride quality I would do a RSK kit with SD Springs and properly valved Bilsteins. PM me for more info if interested

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am planning on going with a Sky 5" RSK and hopfully either V or X code SD springs.

I am having a hard time finding the SD springs though.

Can you tell me a little more about the shocks?

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
750 Posts
If I had it to do over again, I would do performance first. For the simple fact that when I go to do performance mods its kind of a PIA because you have to use a step ladder to do anything under the hood...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts