Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you with stock 6.0's are happy with your trucks? I just bought a 06 6.0 with 33,500 on it. I went crazy with mods on my 97. With the 06, the wife has me on a very short leash mod wise. Without doing egr delete, studs, ect, will it be a reliable truck? Please leave your thoughts. Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i love mine...

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
I have a love/hate relationship with mine along with alot of other members that have theres upgraded. That would be a good set-up need to get a coolant filtration as well.

·
Registered
349 Posts
i love mine! few problems.. keep up maintenance and they are awsome!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I LOVE my 6 leaker! :hehe: Seriously though, I haven't had any issues out of mine and I have been tuned for about 15~20000 miles. Only trouble I had was three injectors went down on me last year (related to the older Ford strategy which was known to kill FICMs and injectors)

Based on what you said in your opening post, I would go with a coolant filter setup, bypass oil filtration, Zoodad mod, and if you want, an SCT for a little extra umph and MPG.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got my 03 F250. I can't get over how incredible of a truck it really is. I was afraid to ever get involved with a 6.0 but I couldn't resist. I've only put on roughly 300 miles in about 5 days but it runs smooth as can be. At 117k miles I expected worse but am pleasantly surprised.

I'm aware of the problems and solutions, but it seems like proper maintainance and keeping it light on the mods then you shouldn't have any trouble.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've had mine for about 5 months, and love it. No problems here. Mods done so far in sig. No egr delete and unstudded, i drive hard 80-90 mph about 150-200 miles a day for work. Newly installed insight cts shows everything within specs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
im very happy with the truck i got a 05 with 170,000 on it and i really havent had any big issues with it. just change the oil and fuel filters and keep up on it and it will last..

only mods i have is the stock pipe with the muffler and cat taken out..

my stock brakes last 100,ooo miles befor they went and i tow a trailer a lot too..

:icon_ford::icon_ford:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
i luv mine...couple probs, but nuttin 2 make me hate the truck...just hate the EPA !!!

·
haters gonna hate 24/7.
3,801 Posts
I loved mine until it was stolen last weekend! :(

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
I love mine. Strong, fast, sounds great, good MPGs. Mine only has 38k and is studded for her pleaser.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I love my 006 just keep up the maintenance and it will take care of you..

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
I loved mine when it was stock, but it is way better modded. I have a suggestion, DO NOT program the truck just to try it out because then you will break your leash your wife has you on to start modding!:hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I absolutely love mine. I've had it for a few months now and have put just over 3,000 miles on it and I'm at 73k now. Only problem I've had is I had a rear caliper seize up on me a couple days ago. I also installed an Insight CS and so far everything looks great.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I love mine. I have had it for 2 1/2 years and don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts