Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all.
I have a very odd question. I have noticed a leak a couple of times when it rains. I'm assuming that the windshield has been replaced and it that it was not done properly, but I want y'alls thought as well be for I replace a windshield that isn't cracked. When it rains we get water dripping out of the drivers side handle. You know the one you grab to help get your self in if you need it or the oh s*** handle. My wife is the first one that noticed it and I told her that she had to imagined it but sure enough there is a drip come from it. Thank you for the help.

·
Super Moderator
5,993 Posts
Do you have a sunroof? The drains might need to be cleaned out. Thats the first thing I would check.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Good luck. I am having the same problem with my 11. I have a sunroof and cab lights. I pulled the headliner and still cannot find it. Would hate to replace the windshield without knowing for sure. Nothing leaking when testing with a garden hose

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I have a sunroof but we never use it I didn't think about that. I will have to check. We don't use it because it seems to open and then gets stuck and doesn't want to shut and i have heard that it is a very expensive fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this is an older post but I just bought a 2016 that is having the same issue. Only difference is I do not have a sun roof. I assumed it was the windshield seal so I had the whole windshield replaced. Still have a leak from the drivers A post handle. I found a cracked cab light cracked just above the drivers seat, replaced it, and still have the leak! Have seen some posts about the door trim weep holes but nothing concrete. Anyone have any greater insight?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I found the leak on my 11. It turns out it was leaking from the satellite antenna and running across the inside of the headliner along the wiring to the handle. There is a bulliten for the f150s for this. You can remove the antenna and then remove the foam gasket. The bulliten says to reseal with high temp rtv where the foam gasket was

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Sat antenna is worth a look. No guarantees however. Next up for me will be to RTV all my cab lights and hope for the best. I can see where the water has run down my A post airbag, but have no hint of water in the headliner. Ford has been no help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts