Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ummmm i kinda feel dumb but i never did write down what hotel the illianastrokers and I are stayin at during schied.....i cant remember if its hampton inn or holiday in or what it is.......if some one who knows could chime in i would appriciate it.....:doh::hehe:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i found that in the other post.......hey you painted you obs didnt you????? im thinkin i want to paint mine and just want to know how long it took.......im not sure what color yet......i figure i have to fix rust first but that shouldnt take long either.....and ill just tape everything off......

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
yeah i found that in the other post.......hey you painted you obs didnt you????? im thinkin i want to paint mine and just want to know how long it took.......im not sure what color yet......i figure i have to fix rust first but that shouldnt take long either.....and ill just tape everything off......
I didnt paint it, I did the body work and took it to maaco and got one crappy quality paint job for 600 bucks, not to mention it was my first go around at body work and that sucked as well. lol

Now rust is coming back which is why I got a rust free bed, doors and front fenders waiting to go on when I repaint the truck again next year, I wont mess with painting, I dont have a paint booth or anything so I just thing Id screw something up, the taping would take you four or five hours, its just time consuming to get it all right.

I wish I had the time to repaint it this year but money is forcing me to wait til next year

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i dont have a paint booth either but.......i've done multiple tractors.....my most recent a JD 4010 that me and 2 buddies did......looks brand new......didnt take more then a week......i figure about 2hours rust fixin 2 hours tapin and 1 primin it......and 2-3 hours paintin.........i just dont know what color yet........and id be runnin atleast 2 guns at all times.......im also not cuttin and weldin rust im foamin it......buddy did it along time ago and still solid......

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
yeah i dont have a paint booth either but.......i've done multiple tractors.....my most recent a JD 4010 that me and 2 buddies did......looks brand new......didnt take more then a week......i figure about 2hours rust fixin 2 hours tapin and 1 primin it......and 2-3 hours paintin.........i just dont know what color yet........and id be runnin atleast 2 guns at all times.......im also not cuttin and weldin rust im foamin it......buddy did it along time ago and still solid......
that wouldnt be too bad then, I may teach myself how to paint, just would have to find something to learn on first

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha come over to my place ill let you try on my truck......i can always fix it.....the hardest part for me to teach my couzins was to mix the paint w/ the thinner just right......other than that its just hold the trigger i run like 50psi threw the guns most say to do 30 at the most......i like the feel of 50 not to much over spray but i also dont have to go over the spot 10 times to get it painted......

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
haha come over to my place ill let you try on my truck......i can always fix it.....the hardest part for me to teach my couzins was to mix the paint w/ the thinner just right......other than that its just hold the trigger i run like 50psi threw the guns most say to do 30 at the most......i like the feel of 50 not to much over spray but i also dont have to go over the spot 10 times to get it painted......
hmmm doesnt sound too bad to do then. That will be next years project for me.

haha Id feel bad if I screwed something up on someone elses truck

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha i painted a tractor at school for a customer to practice before i started doin familys' and friends tractors.......i have never done a whole vehicle before.......it should be fun........

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
haha i painted a tractor at school for a customer to practice before i started doin familys' and friends tractors.......i have never done a whole vehicle before.......it should be fun........
It will definitley be a good project for sure

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gonna take a lot of beer...........alot of beer.........just need to find a color.......

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
haha yes it will, Ive already decided that Im going to paint mine some type of dark metallic grey

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i was thinkin dodge silver.......or charcole......or dark blue.......that way i dont have to send my rims in to get chromed. haha.......

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my couzin thats helpin said he bought a case of budlight and 2 cases of budwiser to get us through it........

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
I've painted a few trucks and its not bad as long as the prep is all good.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i usually do tractors but no need i sold that truck and am gettin a spotless d-max.......:thumb:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i sold it finally....:woot:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts