Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. I have a 7.3 that has just become too much work to keep as a daily. I have an opportunity for a 2013 w/45k miles and a plow or 2016 w/60k. Same price. Might be a no Brainer, just wondering if the 3 years and 15k mile difference should matter. The 13 is in immaculate condition, going to look at the 16 in the am... anything I should look for? What are your thoughts on which one? Thanks.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Didn’t the 15/16 have some sort up graded turbo something? I don’t much about the 6.7 just what I read on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
607 Posts
The 16 will have the better turbo and they changed something in the fuel system. A general rule of thumb is that the 15-16 6.7s are slightly better than the 11-14's. If they are the same price and the 16 isn't just thrashed out I would personally get the 16.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey folks. I have a 7.3 that has just become too much work to keep as a daily. I have an opportunity for a 2013 w/45k miles and a plow or 2016 w/60k. Same price. Might be a no Brainer, just wondering if the 3 years and 15k mile difference should matter. The 13 is in immaculate condition, going to look at the 16 in the am... anything I should look for? What are your thoughts on which one? Thanks.
Have a 2015 6.7 and love it. My only gripe about this motor is the recurring issues with the DEF heater and level sensing units. they keep having to be replaced. Ford knows they have a problem but won't fix it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts