Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says I've been seeing a lot people posting about how the h&s tuners are what's killing these 6.4 trucks. Obviously like most people i take most opinions lightly. I figured this is more of the I have the option to run a hd300 tune and tow 10k, drag race and get mad when it breaks. What do you guys think? I have a hard time believing the tuning itself is bad. Also what are guys running for low boost fueling? how much can it affect egts towing if at all? what do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
604 Posts
mine is turned up but i know better when adding the extra power and torque things will break, i hat to upgrade my transmisson for that reason but i have made the other mods to take the abuse and i am happy with it. the thing that kills these motors are heat and how they ran the emissions system is a huge problem with the layout. what kills the last two cylinders in these motors . i habve been running the hd300 with good luck after i fixed the issues as i said eraler

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
tuners are like lighter fluid. Use it correctly and it makes things alot easier and sometimes fun. Use it wrong and you will be regretting it.
The tunes themselves are great, however somehow people assume “oh well the tuner lets me double the output so it must be fine”. Thats where the problems occur. Doing a wot pull once in awhile while unloaded is fine but then you have the people who are foot to the floor all the time with a 15k trailer being pulled. You just have to be smart with it and know what you are doing.

as for the lbf, i run 0 (no limiting). If i roll into the throttle lightly at stoplights, it will not make any smoke. However when ever you stab it, it will make a good amount of coal. Good for tailgaters. It also makes the off idle throttle more responsive. It does not effect egt’s when you are over 6 pounds of boost.

If you lower the lbf setting and find yourself making smoke often, raise the restriction to avoid soot build up.

·
Administrator
22,420 Posts
Just like everything else, people are the problem.
A tuner can ruin any truck if the space between the steering wheel and the seat doesnt know what they are doing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts