Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides a cold air intake do you have to have any other performance mods to run hot damn 300?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
studs might be in your future

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
And I dont think any drop in filter will work without sucking in the filter minder.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't you have to remove the cab to change the studs?

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
And I dont think any drop in filter will work without sucking in the filter minder.
That's right, it'll suck it down. Gotta do an aftermarket airbox and filter

Sent from iPhone

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
I even have to run my S&B without the lid. These things move some air!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Oh rly, so I'm being a pansy driving around on easy?? :) If HD300 means studs then I will stay away and maybe give the mild a try.

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
I run the hd300 daily no studs. I just don't hammer it all the time, hardly ever actually. Just when a ricer needs put in his place lol

Sent from iPhone

·
Registered
49 Posts
I run the hd300 daily no studs. I just don't hammer it all the time, hardly ever actually. Just when a ricer needs put in his place lol

Sent from iPhone
same here :D and i got my fuel @ 5 but it looks like mpg went down so im going back to 3 help the environment too :p

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
Good for her! He needs an intake.

·
Registered
799 Posts
to get the full benefit of the HD300 tune you must use a cold air intake kit as well as a 4 or 5" straight pipe.
For insurance/security, it is in your best interest to get egr delete and head studs.
you will also see a small (i said small) increase if you replace your cold side cac tube.

·
Registered
799 Posts
i did.
the difference you look for is your peak egt after/during a WOT run. i had a 5" straight pipe and saw a drop of 130* in a quarter mile race over against a cat/dpf delete. cruising temps will be no different.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Besides a cold air intake do you have to have any other performance mods to run hot damn 300?

you mean in addition to a DPF delete right?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes. I plan on deleting the DPF and installing a cold air intake the same time I install the programmer. So is there anything else I need to change?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts