Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
What are you looking to do with your truck?

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
H&S. No doubt about it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I have a goose neck trailer I haul equipment sometimes and also want to play from time to time

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
348 Posts
H&S

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Well I have a goose neck trailer I haul equipment sometimes and also want to play from time to time

We offer a large variety of tunes. Our 210 Tow Performance may suit your towing needs and the 250+ race tunes may also suit your needs. Our tunes range from 40-350 HP. This includes EGR delete tunes and early/late torque converter lock-up tunes.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about the tuner. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
To the OP, Jeff works for Spartan. Don't let his opinion sway you whatsoever. Wait for some other forum members to comment in before you make your decision.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Spartan 210 performance tow for towing for sure... I would run either one, have riddin in both and driven both... Spartan is the way i would go.. Better shifting and i think there is a little more power as well

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
H&S. Especially if you want to tow and play because its shift on the fly so you can be towing one minute and playing the next. No loading different tunes. Also the new software from H&S called max calibration control is amazing and let's you tweek anything you want.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Shift on the fly would be the last of my worries since you still have to let the truck relearn or you will have problems eventually.. But you have to do the same anyways with any other tuners as well.. Like i said both are great and the OP will love either of the 2.. I have also heard some great things about Gearheads tunes VIA SCT on the 6.4s.. Probally another great option to consider

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
you dont have to let your tranny relearn for shift on the fly tunes. the only reason companies say that is cause they havent figured it out yet.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
i know way more people with tranny problems after spartan then shift on the fly from h&s

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
I have never done a trans relearn ever. No problems yet

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow so many opinions well I seen that spartan has a tune for 350 and only 300 for h&s is that true numbers or is there something else that you have to do to get that extra 50 horse and also I think the spartan is about 400 dollars more than h&s just doesn't seem like it would be worth an extra 400 bucks but that's why I'm asking and thanks so much for everyone's input

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
Wow so many opinions well I seen that spartan has a tune for 350 and only 300 for h&s is that true numbers or is there something else that you have to do to get that extra 50 horse and also I think the spartan is about 400 dollars more than h&s just doesn't seem like it would be worth an extra 400 bucks but that's why I'm asking and thanks so much for everyone's input

The Spartan tunes are a little overrated for HP numbers. The 300 HD H&S tune is pretty comparable. The 350 has a slight edge, but anything over a 300 tune from Spartan eats headgaskets and trannies for breakfast.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
My buddies 09 with H&S is on his second tranny with only 60k miles on it.. Just saying that it will happen either way you go if your running a big tune... OP, i would pick what ever fits your budget.. I personally like the dashdaq over the mini max for monitoring... but it does cost more as well

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
My buddies 09 with H&S is on his second tranny with only 60k miles on it.. Just saying that it will happen either way you go if your running a big tune... OP, i would pick what ever fits your budget.. I personally like the dashdaq over the mini max for monitoring... but it does cost more as well
I bet if he ran Spartan it woulda been gone in 30k miles rather than 60k. It really depends on how you drive it. Although, Spartans shifting is pretty erratic on the bigger tunes.

IIRC, the Spartan doesn't have defuel settings either. Which is a great thing to have when towing or playing.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
You really can't go wrong with either, that being said I like H&S.

Sent with my mind using ESP.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
just fyi to the op any of the big tunes from either are gonna shift firm so dont think thats bad tuning or tranny tuning. they have to do that to save your tranny. i thought something was wrong at first but it got better, its firm shifts but feels better then soft sloppy shifts

1 - 20 of 48 Posts