Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking at a DPF delete kit and need some opinions. I am debating between the H&S Mini or the PRO. I will be installing the 4" down pipe back exhaust due to really concerned on costs. I am not trying to build a race truck but am looking for longevity in the truck. I would like to show off a bit with the power, but again not to use it as a drag truck by no means. Which would be sufficient for my needs?

Oh, and I don't really tow anything but may be looking at a 5th wheel in the future.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have the minn and live the shift in the fly.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you only do that with the mini?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I would go with the mini as well because you can't shift on the fly with the xrt. The mini also allows you to monitor 4 parameters at a time. If you go with the xrt it would be a good idea to get something for monitoring purposes. The only downfall that I have read of from the mini is that some people say it is exactly that "mini" and the numbers are hard to read. I think it is just fine myself :thumb:

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Black maxx is the exact same thing as mini just bigger screen.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Black maxx is the exact same thing as mini just bigger screen.
Unless he buys a used one e won't be able to get a Black Maxx, new one isn't out.

·
Hooked on the POWER...
823 Posts
Get atleast the mini, The XRT will not defuel if egt's get high. You will melt pistons if you put you foot in it for to long.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
The Mini Maxx is awesome.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I'm getting the mini and a 4 in mbrp downpipe back exhaust in two days. I'm getting excited like its my birthday or something.
Don't forget your intake! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I didn't know the new black maxx wasn't out yet. I am not in the market for one, for another 6,000 miles. Can the old ones get the new version software?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
I just bought the xrt, I read a lot about the safety features of the mini but for a guy who drives easy and never beats on his truck (except plowing snow or towing a trailer a few times a year if that counts) should I worry I dont have those safety features? I only plan on running it on mild anyway.

and +1 on waiting for my birthday/night before x-mas. my stuff gets delivered friday.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts