Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into bulletproofing and the most reputable local diesel guy is recommending the H&S mini maxx monitor/tuner combo but I can't find many posts on it or if it does custom tunes. Any one using it with success or should I just go with sct/cts combo?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I would not recommend the H&S on a 6L. It might be ok, but IMO...it's not the best. Nearly everyone on here including myself will tell ya to get a SCT with custom tunes and an edge insight. there's a reason why you wont find anything about a H&S on a 6L...that's because hardly anyone uses them.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Another vote for the SCT w/ custom tunes and a cts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
The local diesel guy must not be a ford guy. Just like a friend of mine who listened to a local diesel guy who drove a dmax and he told him all the ford guys use sct because its the best. Well my buddy bought an sct for his 7.3. Its pretty weak compared to Tony Wildman 7.3's I've ridden in.

Get an SCT.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Or maybe he is just a 6.4 ford guy and knows nothing about a 6.0. Hehe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
39 Posts
SCT with custom tunes from Vivian at Quick Tricks, great tune and great service!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
well guys i run the h&s mini on my 6.0 with great resaults , as for custom tunes h&s are working on mcc for the 6.0 also kem is close to being able to custom tune the 6.0 using the h&s platform the only thing thaty bothers me is h&s does not tune thge transmission .yet.....but with the right stragety and a gogo direct clutch solenoid it shifts good and firm i like it best in tow haul . if any one knows of any others offering custom tuning via the H&S platform please let us no . any other 6.0 owners with h&s tunes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts