Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been planing on buying a spartan tuner and dpf delete for my 08. I recently found a Mini Max tuner and dpf/cat delete for sale locally for $800.00. It has been used on his vehicle. I have done research on Spartan but not very much on the H&S. Is it as desirable? More or less? Better or Worse? Any information would be appreciated. If it makes any difference my truck has a manual transmission. I know you can only go so high in the power increase with the stock clutch but i'm wanting it to get rid of the DPF more than horsepower. Thanks guys.

· Registered
70 Posts
I have the Mini Maxx and love it. I dont know much about the spartan but they both have pros and cons. The reason I went with H&S is because you can shift tunes on the fly. I have not had any problems with mine (knock on wood) but I have heard that H&S has a lot better customer service. Either way it is so nice not having to worry about those stupid regens or dpf problems.

· Registered
1,358 Posts
I have been planing on buying a spartan tuner and dpf delete for my 08. I recently found a Mini Max tuner and dpf/cat delete for sale locally for $800.00. It has been used on his vehicle. I have done research on Spartan but not very much on the H&S. Is it as desirable? More or less? Better or Worse? Any information would be appreciated. If it makes any difference my truck has a manual transmission. I know you can only go so high in the power increase with the stock clutch but i'm wanting it to get rid of the DPF more than horsepower. Thanks guys.
YOU WILL find most tuned truck on here to be split between the H&S mini/black maxx and Spartan........plenty of raves for both:icon_ford:

· Registered
994 Posts
YOU WILL find most tuned truck on here to be split between the H&S mini/black maxx and Spartan........plenty of raves for both:icon_ford:
^^^^^^ MINI MAXX!!!

· Registered
57 Posts
... but I have heard that H&S has a lot better customer service. ...
They'd have to come to my house and install everything personally to be better than what I have received from Spartan. That said, I'm glad to hear that both companies have great customer service.

And, to be fair, I haven't had any "real" issues other than stupid-first-time-user questions. But Spartan didn't treat me like I was a stupid-first-time-user with questions.

So far, so good with the Spartan.

Edit: But for only $800... :D

Chris

· Registered
802 Posts
Their both good tuners like stated before. Im running the minimax also, and I love it

· Registered
442 Posts
Love my mini maxx but respect the Spartan too either way you'll be happy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.