Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else hearing about ATS throwing H&S under the bus and getting them in trouble and now getting the EPA involved with diesels??

· Registered
1,764 Posts

· Premium Member
515 Posts
Now would be a good time to order for those who are on the fence...
What about a 5" turbo back exhaust. Is that going to be on limited time as well?

· Registered
726 Posts
What about Spartan? Will they be next? I wonder what is setting H&S apart from Spartan.
I remember signing the waiver when I bought the Spartan wayyy back in 08'. Does H&S require the same type of paperwork?

· Registered
387 Posts
All manufacturers of an emissions defeat device are under the scrutiny of the EPA right now. If they haven't been contacted directly, they will shortly.

Any kind of Off-Road or Racing exemption forms signed by the end user are NOT seen as a valid solution in the EPA's interpretation of the Clean Air Act. Under this act, a race vehicle must be used SOLELY for racing purposes (cannot be registered for highway use). Other than that, you are NOT allowed to alter or defeat an emissions control device on a motor vehicle.

At this time we have not heard anything that would lead us to believe the EPA will attempt to fine an end user that is illegally using a device. But we do know they will be tracking down the product manufacturers to stop production.

· Registered
726 Posts
Sounds like wayyyy too much big brother to me as well as stepping on some personal rights. Next thing is that the EPA will be fining and charging people for producing too much CO2. I think its all ridiculous.
But none the less I wish all companies and individuals involved the best of luck. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.