Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning woke up went out and tryed start truck and nothing would happen so i jumped it off and now the engine light is on and H&S mini maxx is giving me two codes, anyone had this problem? or can anyone help with it?Codes are
PO68A
PO64C

·
Registered
478 Posts
looks like it has something to do with your glowplugs

·
Registered
478 Posts
P064C - Glow Plug Control Module
P068A - ECM/PCM Power Relay De-Energized - Too Early

Not for sure where to go from here, but im looking!

·
Registered
478 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help man! i have what the codes are now but dont know if there something to take to dealer or just clear them out with H&S...

·
Registered
478 Posts
try this. Put the truck back to stock settings with your H&S - but do not start truck. Once all settings are put back to stock, reprogram the truck with the H&S tunes and see if that helps. Seems as if something was left on your truck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But you would think that it had nothing to do with the programmer, im not for sure i will try that and see what happens.

·
Registered
478 Posts
After looking at others that had the same issue, it looks like it was battery related - due to a low battery the PCM couldnt fully engergize when the key was turned off. - Someone said that thier PCM had to be reflashed. Still looking!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it needs be reflashed wont that mess with my H&S? and is that something ford does for free? never had to have this done

·
Registered
478 Posts
IF you have to have it reflashed you will need your truck back to the stock settings. (which means you may have to have it towed) - I have heard others say that once ford reflashed the PCM to have them not to start truck until you reprogram with the H&S tunes, then start truck. Now as far as price, not to sure it will be free - since im sure ford will say and try like hell to say that your aftermarket goodies caused the PCM - or what ever else the root of the problem is. If it was my truck i would start with taking truck to stock (dont start eng) then reprogram with H&S tunes and see if that does anything - prob going to say that it wont - but never know. When i put H&S on my truck i threw a code for something crazy - not for sure of the code - i posted a column on it - i took the truck back to stock - then reprogramed and all is great. Ford cant even find a trace of the code.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why would it need to be towed?

·
Registered
478 Posts
oh my bad, didnt know if you truck was running or not. I may have missed that your truck is running, just has a CEL.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i got it do jump off and everything and it starts when i turn it off now, what doe you mean CEL?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Sorry about that - bad habit from the military - Check Engine Light

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats ok man, Have you had any tranny or motor problems with yours with your tunes?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Not a prob. The truck runs amazing.

Sent from my MB855 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well those two codes are gone now I have a code
P0884. Any idea what that is

·
Registered
478 Posts
Category Powertrain
Definition Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch "A" Circuit Intermittent

This is what ive found so far doind some research

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My tranny is fine from what I know

·
Registered
478 Posts
DTC P0884 (PCM/TCM power input signal intermittent)

Here is what i found again

1 - 20 of 28 Posts