Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I put the H&S tuner, turbo back exhaust and banks intake. The truck runs awesome and fast, but have a couple of questions. I cannot get ****ing traction no matter what, even if Im going 30-40 and floor it the truck will spin the rear tires like crazy, will traction bars help this. Second I can smell the smell of coolant just a faint smell after driving, is this normal if not what should I look for? Finally I really dont like the way the tranny shifts or acts. it seems like the truck will just get stuck in a gear instead of downshifting and just keep excellerating. Thanks for any help. I am also going to order the AFE intercooler to keep things a bit cooler in a week or so.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ok I put the H&S tuner, turbo back exhaust and banks intake. The truck runs awesome and fast, but have a couple of questions. I cannot get ****ing traction no matter what, even if Im going 30-40 and floor it the truck will spin the rear tires like crazy, will traction bars help this. Second I can smell the smell of coolant just a faint smell after driving, is this normal if not what should I look for? Finally I really dont like the way the tranny shifts or acts. it seems like the truck will just get stuck in a gear instead of downshifting and just keep excellerating. Thanks for any help. I am also going to order the AFE intercooler to keep things a bit cooler in a week or so.
1. Well I would say no, traction bars don't do much for gaining traction. They are mainly for fighting wheel hop and keeping axle wrap in check. Maybe your tires are getting old or are hard, a new set of wider tires will help a lot, try putting a skinny tire on a vette or viper, same thing.

2. No a coolant smell is not normal, get the cooling system pressure checked to find any leaks, check all connections where coolant flows and look for moisture.

3. H&S has trans tunes that you can download off their website, it just depends on how you drive and what you want the trans to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts