Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what everyone is setting their defuel levels at while running a H&S MM with HD tunes on it? The preset is 1450, also what are safe levels to be running at? Thanks

·
Registered
348 Posts
Eot 220
Ect 220
Boost 45
Egt 1450
Trans 190
However my defuels are disabled running kem tunes.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Eot 220
Ect hot 220
Ect cold 160
Trans 190
Boost 38
Egt 1350

·
Registered
149 Posts
We set our trucks at -

Pyro - 1450 Degree's
Boost - 38 PSI
Hot Coolant - 220 Degrees's
Cold Coolant - 160 Degree's
Trans - 220 Degree's

·
Registered
233 Posts
egt 1450
boost 36
eot 220
ect 220
trans 190

·
Registered
227 Posts
Whats the cold coolent sitting for?

·
Registered
994 Posts
To let your truck get to safe operating temps for the added horsepower setting. Basically a safety feature for your right foot. Not good to run her hard until warmed up. Sorta like ur body.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Whats the cold coolent sitting for?
Wilson is right, it keeps it on the no power setting until the truck reaches your selected cold coolant level and then it ups it to whichever level you had it set on when you shut your truck off. I run mine on hot but when I first start it up it will stay on no power until the coolant reaches 160 then it adjusts up to hot.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
when i do a wot run with the tq locked i can hit 44 psi with the kem 345 is that normal? also is that safe for stock bolts? just came from a 6.0 and know thats not good for them but these turbos are way different

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I would imagine that continuously pushing the boost past 40 would eventually cause the stock bolts to fail. Every once in awhile wouldn't be that bad but I guess it only takes once so they could go at any moment anyways.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
yea man i dont beat it by no means but i dont want them to go that quick, just seeing if thse numbers were normal

·
Registered
35 Posts
We set our trucks at -

Pyro - 1450 Degree's
Boost - 38 PSI
Hot Coolant - 220 Degrees's
Cold Coolant - 160 Degree's
Trans - 220 Degree's
Is it safe to run the hot and wild tunes when truck is cold and keep the turbos under say 15 to 20 psi? I was running the cold coolant defuel at 160 but my truck won't even hit that by the time I get to work...and the tranny seems to buck and slam into gear more when it does warm up and go from no power to wild or hot is it ok to baby it till it warms up?? Didn't mean to high jack thread...

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Until the cold coolant level is surpassed, the tune isn't used and basically runs in No Power mode.

So you can run whatever level you want.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
833 Posts
Is it safe to run the hot and wild tunes when truck is cold and keep the turbos under say 15 to 20 psi? I was running the cold coolant defuel at 160 but my truck won't even hit that by the time I get to work...and the tranny seems to buck and slam into gear more when it does warm up and go from no power to wild or hot is it ok to baby it till it warms up?? Didn't mean to high jack thread...

Im assuming you want to get rid of the cold coolant defuel. Yes you can, just be easy on her. Not going to hurt anything, if you think about it no other tuner has defuel presets. As far as your trans slamming in gear I don't think that has anything to do with it going from stock to wild or hot. It doesn't affect the trans tuning.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
35 Posts
I should not have said slam into gear. It's more like a mad vibration through the whole truck when stepped on to about 50% throttle only last for about one second but defiantly noticeable it shakes everything in the cup holders...could it be the tranny is not fully warm yet?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Is this when you take off from a stop?

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
35 Posts
No it does it 2nd only I'll be rolling and get on it about 50% throttle and bhtddthddthdd goes away right away seems to only happen when tranny is at lower temps

1 - 17 of 17 Posts