Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Silver

Votes: 8 44.4%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jsut got a H&S mini max along with the dash mount that goes right over the left air vent, it's standard black plastic and I'm on the fence about painting it. I have the king ranch so console and seat already dont match the light tan carpet, & the dash has the stock wood grain accents. So my dash consists of black on top of dash, then a lot of wood grain, some tan, and the silverish area on either far side of the dash where the 2 outter most vents are.

My question is should I paint the mounting bracket?

Option 1: leave it black, it will be mounted right next to the black top part of the dash

Option 2: paint it tan to match the carpet and headliner. The only thing close to the mount bracket thats than is the "a" pillar with grab handle

Option 3: Paint it silverish to match the actual piece that the bracket mounts to (with the left vent)

Any one have any pices of their mini maxx or black maxx mounted up with the dash bracket?

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
What color is your "A" pillar? That's the color I would paint it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the "A" pillar is the tan color. I was just thinking that if I did paint it tan that the tan mount would be right in the middle of a silver vent trim. I'm too dang anal when it come to my truck and making sure it gets done right!

I'll send 2 hours with a tape measure, laser level, and tape just to mount a damn sticker :doh:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay I got 2 vote for silver, I found a thread where a guy on here tried to color match the silver and did a pretty dang good job. I may do that. I can always sand it down and do tan if I dont like it i guess. Any more opinions?

·
Registered
192 Posts
i have a kr also and your right its hard to match. I went with window suction cup for that reason. If you can i would try to match it to the silverish color on the vent but, its going to be hard to match. keep me informed on how it turns out.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a kr also and your right its hard to match. I went with window suction cup for that reason. If you can i would try to match it to the silverish color on the vent but, its going to be hard to match. keep me informed on how it turns out.
I'm going to try and match the silver. I got 2 different kinds of textured spray paint to blend if needed.

Why don't you post a pic of the area in question.
I can't even figure out how to set up wi-fi in my house, so I for sure dont know how to post pics in here. I also cant run a Ipod :doh: . I can probably post to my flickr thingy though. I'll do that once it try to paint it, then I may even read up on how to attach pics!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I can't even figure out how to set up wi-fi in my house, so I for sure dont know how to post pics in here. I also cant run a Ipod :doh: . I can probably post to my flickr thingy though. I'll do that once it try to paint it, then I may even read up on how to attach pics!
1. get a photobucket account
2. download pictures from camera onto computer
3. download using 'download' button on photobucket
4. view album
5. beer
6. hover mouse over picture
7. click 'IMG code' (it will copy)
8. beer
9. come back to this thread
10. beer
11. beer
12. paste
13. done, celebrate with a beer :crazy:

I would like to see what you do with this too, as I have thought about the mount.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
UOFM i like your work ethic:thumb:

·
Registered
46 Posts
beer. I'd like to see how it comes out silver...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay guys, I got my paint from summit the other night and got started last night. I painted it silver and it did a decent job matching, not exact put so close it's not a big issue which is suprising since I'm super anal about my trucks. I'll learn how to post pics and I'll get them up when I get a chance, I doubt it tonight since I have to help a friend move.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
First I sand it a little with some medium grit paper to get some of the texture off the mount. Then I sprayed it with 2 coats of the adhesion promoter then about 3 coats of the charcoal metallic.

Paint used

After first coat

Decent match so far

Mounted up

I think it made be a shade off but It matches pretty damng close.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
I see why you were so concerned now. That's totally different than my 6.0 setup. Looks good!!

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
i have the same set up, but mine is still factory black, and i didnt use the stickers, i just sat it up there

but that looks good i might take mine off and try it

·
Registered
46 Posts
Almost looks factory, nice work!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looks awesome dude. I am definitely going to have to give this a try for my truck. The suction cup mount for the mini is just bulky, hideous, and in the way. lol

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys, I think it turned out pretty good, and for me being sooo anal thats rare for me to be satisfied. The paint was around $15 through Summit Racing and I'll probably never need it again. Not sure about any issues shipping spray paint but I'd be willing to ship the paint off to the next person that wants to try this, then they can ship it to the next and so on. Also not sure on shipping costs, probably around $5, so shipping it for like $12 or so saves you money. Just a thought as of now, any takers?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 22 Posts