Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help from someone who has the dash mount pod for their H&S BM so I don't feel so handicapped. :tard: Been playing with this thing for an hour trying to figure out how to connect the mount to the pod. Aaron sent this little round thing I supposed goes into the hole but it has a "T" fitting on the back and there is nothing close to it on the back of the mount. The package it came in says it's for a Bully Dog GT or Watchdog programmer. I took that into consideration but figured Aaron sent me the right stuff so I continue to frustrate myself. None of the little pieces in the BM box seem to fit the hole in the pod. Am I crazy or do I have the wrong part? Of course the pics in the install brochure are of no help. Anyone ran into this and can help me out I'd appreciate it. I'll call Aaron or Gabe tomorrow but was trying to get this on the truck tonight. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
The little round piece (part number 30420) is an adapter for the Mini Maxx to install into the dash pod (part number 31303). The Black Maxx does not require it to be installed into the dash pod, its for the Mini Maxx only. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, after looking at the H&S website I saw the round piece didn't belong to the BM. However I must be missing something. The Pod has the big hole in it. The mount only has the little ball on the back of it. Only parts in the BM box for mounting are for a dash mount. A rectangle piece with 4 holes and a ball, an adapter to go between the balls on the mounts, and the securing hardware. The pictures on H&S website and the pics in the brochure show it flush mounted somehow.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Look in the instructions and verify you have all the pieces. If you don't have the instructions, you can view them HERE. There is also a section on how to install the tuner into a 2-1/16 hole, same as what it sounds like you have.

If you don't have all the pieces, contact the vendor or us directly, and we can help you get the pieces you need.

-H&S

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I talked to Vin at Rudy's, since I bought it from them, and he said there should be some flat looking attachment pieces in the box. I don't recall seeing any other mounting pieces but will look when I get home. The hole in the Pod mount is 2 1/16. Same size as the adapter piece for the Mini Maxx and I'll review the instructions again to see if I missed something. Thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sorry, I fat-fingered the size, it is 2-1/16" as you say.

If you look at the instruction guide, you will see a full parts list with pictures, and should be able to easily identify if you are missing any parts. Keep us posted!

-H&S

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK the little disc connector plate was missing, kind of. Somehow it was up under the bottom piece of foam in the box. It took a second to get it screwed together but finally got it mounted. Now it's time to get it in the truck. Tomorrow the CAT/DPF will be off for good. From what I hear and read I won't be disappointed. Might even need to get some traction bars. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts