Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the H&S "no power" tune on my truck and 5" FLOPRO a couple of weeks ago and here are my thoughts...

> The truck runs great. I took a 400+ mile trip to the beach this weekend and averaged 16.9mpg (On the lie-o-meter). Keep in mind that I am running 37" tires and DID NOT reset the speedo so that throws things off. My driving consisted of highway, backroads, and beach stop and go traffic.

> I was able to recalibrate my tire pressures and I love that. No more tire light!

> The exhaust is loud. A little too loud for me and I like loud. It just sounds a little bit too much like a V8 instead of a diesel. There is no drone and at highway speeds -- the truck is REALLY quiet.

> Very smokey. If I lay on the gas hard at a red light I'm going to bury the person behind me. I mean they are left in a big thick black cloud.

> The turbo sound is amazing. You can barely hear it with the windows up, but when they are down it sounds incredible.

> The DPF weighs a TON! I thought the one on my 6.4 was heavy. The one for the 6.7 is WAY heavier!

> My truck was regenning 3 - 5 times a week before the deletion. No more urea for me! :)

> Call me crazy, but I love the diesel fuel smell when I'm outside the truck!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I like your setup; getting ready to order my H&S Mini, DPF DELETE PIPE, S&B, and EGR block off plates... what is the No power Tune?

·
Registered
219 Posts
sounds awesome. my best friend has h&S with 4" exhaust and I agree. i love the smells and sounds

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So your truck is straight piped without a muffler?
If you had it to do over would you get the muffler?
That's the question I keep asking myself. It's only loud in second and third gear - and I don't mean loud inside the cab. It just has that throaty V8 sound. I'd like to try a muffler and just see if I like it better. I do like the idea of the totally free-flow 5" with no muffler. I probably will just leave it like it is.

On a side note - my neighbor did come out of his house yesterday and ask me if I enjoyed terrorizing the neighborhood. :rofl:

·
Registered
202 Posts
I am enjoying mine too. My lie o meter read 19.2 but I got a hand calculated 18 MPG mixed driving. Actually pretty heavy traffic in the afternoons. I easily picked up 2.5 to 3 MPG getting rid of the regen. So far very happy. Only wish is was as quick as my 6.4, but my 6.4 never got this kind of MPG.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I tried the DPF-on stuff, really thought it was going to be a great solution, but it just isn't.

So I just ordered the 5" aFe w/ muffler & the EGR deletes.

I'm no longer a big fan of LOUD so I hope the muffler really quiets it down.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried the DPF-on stuff, really thought it was going to be a great solution, but it just isn't.

So I just ordered the 5" aFe w/ muffler & the EGR deletes.

I'm no longer a big fan of LOUD so I hope the muffler really quiets it down.
I'll be curious to find out how the muffler makes the exhaust note sound. Shoot me a PM when you get it installed if you remember! Thanks!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am enjoying mine too. My lie o meter read 19.2 but I got a hand calculated 18 MPG mixed driving. Actually pretty heavy traffic in the afternoons. I easily picked up 2.5 to 3 MPG getting rid of the regen. So far very happy. Only wish is was as quick as my 6.4, but my 6.4 never got this kind of MPG.
Yeah - my dpf-less 6.4 would blow this truck away. But, I like this truck WAY more. :D

·
Registered
507 Posts
Subscribed! I want to do that so bad, but cant seam to give up the warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
A turbo is a muffler in my book. 5" straight pipe isn't loud. You really just hear the turbo, until you lay into it that is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yep, sometimes its nice to roll the windows down and turn off the stereo. The turbo in a parking garage is music to me. I def get some crazy looks from people.

·
Registered
28 Posts
for you dpf delete guys. im not sure if this is normal but on my truck it almost seems the im loosing power down low.i get a wooshing noise im guessing is the blow off valve. to me it doesnt seem right but i dont know jack about this truck.if anyone can help pm me thanks terry.

·
Registered
14 Posts
for you dpf delete guys. im not sure if this is normal but on my truck it almost seems the im loosing power down low.i get a wooshing noise im guessing is the blow off valve. to me it doesnt seem right but i dont know jack about this truck.if anyone can help pm me thanks terry.
My truck does the same but I dont have the problem with it loosing power. I finally got around to putting a video up does your truck sound like this.
2011 6.7 F250 H&S Mini Maxx EGR/DPF Delete - YouTube

·
Registered
28 Posts
it sounds like that. its weird it does that blow off sound while driving. im not sure if its right or not. also the exhaust note seems to change while cruising. maybe im just paranoid who knows.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Alot odf us were talking about this noise on another thread, but cant find it right now. the noise is from the turbo as it spools down. i think it sounds pretty cool and it is normal with dpf delete.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I think it sounds pretty cool as well.
Yes, that turbo winding down sounds incredible. I had a guy stop me the other day who drives a straight-piped 6.4. He said, "How do I get my truck to sound like yours? That's the sound I want!"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts